Although deadly, cancer is a disease that can be prevented. A healthy diet rich in antioxidants and is one of the key. The basis of the diet that needs to be done is a combination of limiting and avoiding food triggers, and reproduce food that is able to fight cancer.
Diet recommendations to fight cancer was published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition. In the recommendations outlined six points diet that is able to help reduce the risk of cancer. The following six points.
1. Eat more fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables to reduce the risk of cancer overall.
All the doctors agree can plant-based diet lowers the risk of cancer and heart disease. Dr. Paul Talalay, a professor from John Hopkins University who was not involved in the study, explained, fruit and vegetables contain phytochemicals, antioxidant protective compounds. That's what makes them able to protect the body from cancer.
2. Eat soy products and to reduce the risk of recurrence of breast cancer
Soy products have a protective compounds. Replacing meat with soy products will reduce consumption of fats and other chemical compounds that trigger cancers and heart disease.
3. Limit or avoid dairy products to reduce the risk of prostate cancer
Many studies proving the relationship of dairy products with prostate cancer, but the cause could be derived from calcium. However, another study mentions, dairy products were able to lower the risk of colorectal cancer. Therefore, when you have a family history of prostate cancer, and it's good to limit the consumption of dairy products.
4. Limit alcohol and avoid to reduce the risk of cancer of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, colon, rectum, breast
A study report, consumption of a glass of liquor in a week can increase the risk of cancer of the mouth, pharynx, and larynx by as much as 24 percent. While the consumption of two to three alcoholic drinks a week can increase the risk of colorectal cancer by as much as 21 percent. However, other studies suggest the consumption of alcoholic beverages can also be beneficial to heart health. Therefore, the restriction is the most likely thing to do.
5. Avoid red meat and processed to reduce the risk of cancer of the colon and rectum
This argument is also useful for preventing heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. A large scale study from the Harvard School of Public Health revealed, regular consumption of red meat and processed food such as sausages will increase the risk of premature death.
6. Avoid meats that are grilled, fried, baked and to reduce the risk of cancer of the colon, rectum, breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas
When cooked in ways above, the meat will produce carcinogenic compounds or carcinogenic heterocyclic compounds called.
Tag : Health Living